Bobby Morrissey
Bobby Morrissey
Member of Parliament for Egmont
Frequently Asked Questions

As your Member of Parliament, my office can assist you in many different ways. Please contact my constituency office if you need information or assistance in any of these areas:

Children & Students

What student loan programs are available to me?
Student Financial Assistance, including loans and grants, is available to eligible students through provincial, territorial and federal governments. Click here to find out more.

Where can I find information on Canadian universities?
Information about facilities, services and academic programs as well as links, expert information and statistics – it’s all here: Canadian Universities.

Citizenship & Immigration

How do I apply for Citizenship?
To learn how to apply for citizenship, follow this link: Citizenship

How do I apply for a temporary resident permit?
To learn how to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor, follow this link: Temporary Resident Visa.

How do I obtain a student permit or working permit?
To learn about obtaining a student visa, follow this link: Studying in Canada
To learn about obtaining a work visa, visit: Work Permits

How do I become a Canadian permanent resident?
To learn more about Canadian permanent residence, visit: Permanent Residents

Do my friends and relatives require a visa to visit me in Canada?
To learn more about visitor’s visas, follow this link: Visitor Visas

Employment Insurance

How do I apply for Employment Insurance (EI)?
Apply online or contact the EI section of Service Canada. Should you have any questions regarding your application, please don't hesitate to contact my office.

Health & Safety

Where can I find advisories on food, drugs, medical services, natural health products and consumer products?
Health Canada helps protect Canadians from potential health hazards by releasing warnings / advisories on food, drugs, medical devices, natural health products and consumer products.

Where can I find information on Public Safety in Canada?
Click here for up to date information on Public Safety in Canada.

Seniors & Retirement

Where can I find information and services that are relevant to seniors and people over 55?
Seniors Canada Online provides access to information and services offered to seniors, their families, caregivers and supporting service organizations.

How do I apply for the Canadian Pension Plan retirement pension or other benefits under the plan?
Visit Social Development Canada (SDC) for information on Canada’s Retirement Income System. To learn more about this program, visit: Canada Pension Plan

How do I apply for Old Age Security?
The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is a monthly payment available to most people 65 years of age and older who meet the Canadian legal status and residence requirements visit: Old Age Security

What is the Guaranteed Income Supplement, and am I eligible to receive it?
The Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) provides a monthly non-taxable benefit to Old Age Security (OAS) recipients who have a low income and are living in Canada. To learn more visit: Guaranteed Income Supplement


Can I file my taxes online?
The Canada Customs and Revenue Agency offers electronic services to individuals and to businesses.

What is the Canada Child Benefit? Am I eligible to receive it?
The Canada child benefit (CCB) is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help with the cost of raising children under 18 years of age. To learn more, visit: Canada Child Benefit.

Where can I find information on the Canada Pension Plan Disability benefit?
The disability benefit is a taxable monthly payment that is available to people who have contributed to the CPP and who are not able to work regularly at any job because of a disability. To learn more visit: Disability Benefit


How do I apply for a Passport?
For information on how to obtain a passport, please visit one of the regional passport offices or download a digital application by clicking here.

Note: Urgent or express services are available for emergency or compassionate reasons on a case-by-case basis. These services are available only for those applicants who can apply in person at a regional office and who provide proof to justify the urgency.

Where can I find advice or alerts for international travellers?
Click here to access all Government of Canada travel alerts and guidelines.

How can I plan to visit some of Canada’s National Parks and Historic Sites?
Parks Canada Vacation Planners assist you in planning a visit to Canada’s National Parks and National Historic Sites.


I am a veteran. What services and programs are available to me?
There is a wide variety of services for Veterans and their families—programs to assist you after an injury, during the transition from military to civilian life, and many other services to help you and your family throughout your life. To learn more visit: Veteran’s Affairs Canada

Other Government Questions?

Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions offered on the Government of Canada website.

Main office - Summerside
263 Heather Moyse Drive
Summerside, Prince Edward Island
C1N 5P1


Show Map

Hill Office
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6


Show Map